Ground Beef Spanish Rice Casserole Recipe
Ground Beef Spanish Rice Casserole. Looking for a hearty and delicious dish to serve up this weekend? Look no further than this dinner!
This casserole is packed with flavor and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it’s easy to make so you can spend more time enjoying your family or company.
It’s simple to make and can be tailored to your liking, making it the perfect option for any night of the week. Plus, it reheats well so you can enjoy leftovers later in the week.
This Tex-Mex dinner is easy to make, and only requires a 15 minute prep time.
It’s made with ground beef, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, rice, chile sauce, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, pepper, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
Homemade Buttery Crescent Rolls
With just a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now, you can make your own crescent rolls at home.
Easy Popeye’s 7-Up Biscuits Copycat
Quick and Easy with only 4 ingredients and they’re ready in 27 minutes.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake
The perfect dessert for the chocolate lover.
Caramel Glazed Apple Pound Cake
The caramel glaze takes it over the top, making this cake absolutely irresistible!
Secret Ingredient Lemon Bundt Cake
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s not only delicious, but also easy to make, look no further.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Ground Beef Spanish Rice Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5oz) tomatoes
- ¼ cup bell pepper chopped
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain rice
- ½ cup chile sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- pinch ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add ground beef. Using a meat masher, break up meat and brown it.
- Using a colander, drain grease from ground beef.
- Place a large pot over medium/low heat.
- Add the browned ground beef, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, rice, chile sauce, water, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and cumin. Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring often.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375° F
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add the ground beef mixture.
- Using the back of a spatula, press the mix down into the casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- In preheated oven, bake 10 – 15 minutes or until shredded cheese is bubbling, and melted.
- Top with cilantro
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies