Chocolate Cupcakes with Bacon Recipe
Chocolate Cupcakes with Bacon Recipe. Who wouldn’t love a delicious chocolate cupcake with bacon on top?
These little beauties are the perfect sweet and savory treat. The chocolate cupcake is fluffy and moist, while the bacon adds a crispy texture and salty flavor. A fantastic dessert!
These made from scratch cupcakes are full of flavor. They are made with bacon, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, eggs, buttermilk, coffee, and vegetable oil.
They’re sure to be a hit at your next party!
Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Easy Chocolate Cake Balls or Cake Pops
Maple Brown Sugar Candied Bacon
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Bacon
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cold, strong, brewed coffee
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare a muffin tin by lining with 24 paper muffin liners.
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- In the skillet, add bacon, and cook until browned evenly.
- Place the bacon on paper towels to drain. When drained and cooled, crumble bacon and set it aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, ¾ cup cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture, and add the eggs, coffee, oil, and buttermilk into the hole.
- Stir the mixture until just combined.
- Separate ¼ of the crumbled bacon and set aside for garnishing later.
- In the mixing bowl, add in the other ¾ of the bacon, and stir in.
- Using a spoon, fill the 24 muffin cups with equal amounts of batter.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 20 – 25 minutes, or until they spring back when the top is pressed lightly.
- Place muffin tin on cooling rack to fully cool.
- When cooled, top with your preferred frosting. Sprinkle bacon on top.
You May also Like:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini