Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Fall is officially here and I’m not sure there is anything better than baking in this season. I love to experiment with new flavors, but it seems like these cupcakes are always on the menu. They’re moist, fluffy, and delicious!
You can feel good about indulging in these little gems every once in a while because they have vegetables in them!
Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting Recipe. This fabulous Fall dessert is perfect for the chocolate lover! Made with brown sugar, chocolate, flour, vegetable oil, baking soda, baking powder, salt, zucchini, chopped walnuts, and chocolate frosting.
These made from scratch treats have a 10 minute prep time and a 30 minute bake time. You will love this dessert!
Kid Friendly Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups brown sugar packed
- 2 (1oz) squares unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16oz) chocolate frosting
- ½ cup whole walnuts (optional)
- Prepare muffin tins by lining with 24 muffin cups, or greasing cups.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, add eggs and brown sugar.
- Using a stand mixer, or hand mixer, beat for approximately 10 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Mix in vegetable oil, and melted, cooled chocolate. (do not add hot chocolate as it will cook the eggs)
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Pour flour mix into the egg mix. Mix until just combined.
- Add zucchini and walnuts. Stir to combine
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the 24 muffin cups ⅔ full.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, or until cooled.
- Top cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Garnish top with whole walnut if desired.
You May also Like:
- Homemade Copycat Pizza Sauce (Pizza Hut)
- Delicious Strawberry & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Finger-Lickin’ Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs