The Secret to Perfect Ikea Swedish Meatballs (Revealed) – Copycat Recipe
The Secret to Perfect Ikea Swedish Meatballs (Revealed). Are you a fan of Ikea’s Swedish meatballs and wish you could enjoy them from the comfort of your own home? Then, you’re in luck because we’ve got the perfect copycat recipe that’s easy to make and sure to be loved by your family and friends.
These Swedish meatballs are the perfect comfort food, whether you’re looking for a satisfying weeknight dinner or a delicious appetizer to serve at your next party.
They are made with ground beef and a few simple ingredients, these meatballs are not only easy to make but also budget-friendly, so you won’t have to break the bank to enjoy this classic dish.
This recipe is family-friendly and versatile, making it a perfect choice for even the pickiest eaters in your household.
You can serve them with mashed potatoes or egg noodles if you wish.
So, whether you’re a die-hard fan of Ikea’s famous meatballs or just looking for a new go-to recipe for an easy and delicious dinner, give this recipe a try.
See how easy and delicious these Swedish meatballs can be?
Mini Cocktail Meatballs Appetizer
Beef Tips With Gravy And Rice
Beef Burgundy Over Egg Noodles
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
The Secret to Perfect Ikea Swedish Meatballs (Revealed)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoon onions finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3oz each) cream cheese cubed
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Mix the ingredients well.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and brown them on all sides.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set them aside.
- Drain the drippings from the skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Into the drippings, stir in cream cheese, milk, water, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and thyme.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes smooth and thickened.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet.
- Stir the meatballs to coat them with the sauce.
- Simmer until the meatballs are heated through.
- Serve over noodles if desired.
You May also Like:
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Quick and Easy Banana Fritters for a Sweet Treat