Easy Portabella Mushroom Soup Recipe
Easy Portabella Mushroom Soup Recipe. If you love the earthy and rich flavor of mushrooms, this soup is sure to become a new favorite.
With its creamy texture and savory seasonings, this soup is perfect for any meal, whether you’re looking for a cozy dinner or an elegant appetizer.
This recipe is simple to follow and requires just a few basic ingredients. You’ll start by sautéing leeks, onions, and Portabella mushrooms in butter until they’re tender and fragrant. Then, you’ll add in thyme, bay leaf, broth, and cream to create a rich and flavorful base for the soup.
Once everything is cooked, you’ll blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. This step is important because it ensures that the soup has a silky texture that’s perfect for savoring on a chilly day.
One of the best things about this soup is its versatility. It’s perfect as an appetizer or a dinner, and it can be paired with a variety of sides to make a complete meal.
You can even freeze the soup for later, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Easy Portabella Mushroom Soup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 leeks white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large portabella mushroom dark gills scraped out, mushrooms chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp dried thyme or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks and onions, and stir constantly until tender for about 2-3 minutes
- Lower the heat and add mushrooms. Cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Raise the heat to medium and stir in the flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add thyme, bay leaf, broth, salt, sugar, and pepper. Simmer partially covered for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and let the soup cool slightly
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return the pureed soup to the pan and add cream.
- Cook over low heat until just heated through, but do not boil
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve garnished with parsley
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake