Grilled Asian Honey Chicken Wings Recipe
Grilled Asian Honey Chicken Wings Recipe offers a unique blend of East meets West, providing a fresh take on an all-time favorite dish.
This enticing meal combines a mix of Asian-inspired ingredients, including hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, and chili sauce, with traditional barbecue chicken wings, creating a flavor fusion that’s hard to resist.
The recipe’s key to success lies in the perfect balance of these flavors – the hoisin sauce’s sweet-savory tang, soy sauce’s umami depth, honey’s natural sweetness, chili sauce’s heat, and the smoky grilled essence of the chicken wings themselves. Combined, these ingredients create an unforgettable taste experience.
Serve these wings with your choice of sides. A crisp, green salad, fluffy steamed rice, or some roasted veggies can beautifully offset the rich, full-bodied flavors of these wings.
Remember, the best dining experiences strike a balance, pairing bold, assertive dishes with simple, subtle sides.
As for tips, marinating is a crucial step that ensures maximum flavor penetration and tender, juicy meat.
A non-metallic dish is preferred for marination to avoid any reactions that could potentially alter the flavor.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Grilled Asian Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
For the Marinade:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, sesame oil, and green onion.
- Using a wire whisk, mix well.
- Place the wings in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
- Add the marinade to the wings.
- Cover the dish and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
For the Chicken:
- Heat a lightly oiled grill until hot.
- Place the chicken on the grill.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- Baste the chicken with marinade during cooking.
- Place any remaining marinade in a pan.
- Heat the marinade until boiling.
- Serve the heated marinade as a sauce with the chicken.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels