Simple Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Simple Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious dinner recipe that’s sure to please everyone, then you have to try this easy chicken recipe.
Made with tender and juicy boneless skinless chicken breasts, this dish is stuffed with savory ham and gooey melted cheese, making it the perfect comfort food for any occasion.
To get started, you’ll need just a few basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand, including chicken breasts, ham slices, cheese sticks, breadcrumbs, butter, and toothpicks.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to customize. You can switch up the type of cheese or ham you use to suit your personal taste, or even add in some extra herbs or spices for a little extra flavor.
If you’re short on time, you can even prepare the chicken rolls in advance and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake them. That way, you can have a delicious and satisfying dinner on the table in no time.
Baked Garlic Cheddar Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
Italian Lemon Chicken Piccata
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Simple Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 6 string cheese sticks
- 6 slices ham
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Take the pounded chicken breasts and place them on a clean surface.
- Add a slice of ham on top of each chicken piece.
- Put one stick of cheese on top of the ham.
- Roll the chicken up around the cheese and ham. Use toothpicks to secure the rolls.
- Dip each roll in melted butter.
- Roll each buttered chicken roll in breadcrumbs.
- Take a shallow baking dish and place the prepared chicken rolls in it.
- Bake the chicken rolls in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Check the chicken rolls after 40 minutes. If the chicken is browned and the juices run clear, it is ready to serve.
Yes, you can prepare the chicken rolls in advance and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake them.
Yes, you can freeze leftovers for up to three months.
This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, including roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple green salad.
The chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature and ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through.
You May also Like:
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)