Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies Recipe
Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies Recipe. I’m not sure if it’s the heat, or the cheese, but there’s something about Jalapeno Hush Puppies that makes them irresistible.
These classic Southern bites are made with cornmeal, flour, onions, buttermilk, egg, cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper.
This deep fried treat is great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. And they’re so easy to make – you can have them on your table in no time!
So if you’re looking for something spicy and delicious, give these a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
Swiss Cheese Missouri Burger
A quick and easy 25 minute meal! Great for Game day or any day!
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Peppers and Onions
It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
A quick and easy kid-friendly dinner, or lunch recipe made with elbow macaroni, butter, all-purpose flour, salt, ground black pepper, milk, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Garlic Cheddar Chicken Breast
Garlic Cheddar Chicken Breast is a great choice for family dinners because it’s easy and simple to make.
Baked Chicken with Corn Flakes Crust
The delicious crunchy coating makes this chicken amazing!
Grilled Bacon Pineapple Burgers
This quick and easy Hamburger Recipe is juicy and delicious!
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
A tasty baked chicken recipe seasoned with balsamic vinegar, salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, coated with bread crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies
- Preheat deep fryer to 375° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, add yellow cornmeal, self-rising flour, green onion, buttermilk, eggs, cheddar cheese, onion, jalapeno pepper, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to mix well into a thick batter.
- Dip two flatware tablespoons, into water to wet. Then pick up a portion of the batter between the two spoons.
- In the preheated deep fryer, carefully drop the batter. Repeat for a few more.
- Fry approximately 3 – 4 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the hush puppies and place on the paper towel lined baking sheet to drain.
- Repeat in small batches until all of the batter has been used.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels