Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This fun recipe is great for your Halloween party, or a spooky dinner at home.
Made with bell peppers, ground beef, whole wheat bread, egg, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
This kid friendly meal will be a hit with your family or guests. They are easy and fun to make.
What is a Jack-O-Lantern
Every year, as Halloween approaches and the first pumpkin of the season is picked from a pumpkin patch, children and adults all over the world begin to think about how they will carve their jack-o-lanterns.
The origins of these pumpkins are not widely known outside North America but we do know that some cultures believe that carving them into scary faces wards off evil spirits. This tradition has become an integral part of our modern day celebrations on October 31st.
Ground Beef Recipes
Kid Friendly Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers washed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices whole wheat bread cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomato diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by greasing.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground beef, cubed bread, egg, onion, tomato, chili sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Gently mix.
- Using a sharp knife, cut jack-o-lantern faces into each bell pepper.
- Cut the top off of each pepper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the centers of each pepper
- Fill each pepper with ground beef mixture. Don't pack it.
- In prepared baking dish, arrange the peppers so they are upright.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 1 hour, or until the bell peppers are tender, and the filling is cooked through.
You May also Like:
- Homemade Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Easy Spinach Green Chile Quiche
- Favorite Blooming Onion with Sauce
- 5 Ingredient Homemade Root Beer
- Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes