Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes Recipe. Whether you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish or something special to wow your guests, this dish is sure to please.
They’re creamy, cheesy, and absolutely delicious! Plus, they’re pretty simple to make, so they’re perfect for any occasion.
When it comes to side dishes, potatoes are always a good choice. They’re filling, they go with just about everything, and they can be prepared in a million different ways. But when you want something that’s a little bit special, these potatoes are the perfect option. With layers of cheesy potato goodness, they’ll satisfy even the pickiest eaters at your dinner table.
You will make this dish with heavy cream, garlic, thyme, nutmeg, russet potatoes, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. This kid friendly recipe will only take 15 minutes of prep time.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
Perfect Roasted Chicken
Made with a whole chicken and ingredients you probably have in your cupboard and refrigerator, you will need margarine, garlic sat, dried thyme, dried parsley, dried rosemary, and course black pepper.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
A delicious dinner made with poultry seasoning, brown sugar, brown spicy mustard, and cinnamon.
Easy Moroccan Grilled Chicken
A great option for your boneless, skinless chicken breast dinner!
Slow Cooker Baked Chicken
This is the perfect dish for a busy weeknight. The chicken is so tender and juicy.
Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef
A classic dinner recipe with onion, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and rice.
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
A tasty baked chicken recipe seasoned with balsamic vinegar, salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, coated with bread crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Baked Chicken with Corn Flakes Crust
With just a 10 minute prep time, it’s a great option when you are busy and don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Garlic Cheddar Chicken Breast
The garlic and cheddar adds just the right amount of flavor to the chicken, making this dish stand out from typical weeknight fare.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- In the saucepan, add cream, garlic, thyme, and nutmeg. Stir occasionally until heated through.
- In the meantime, in a casserole dish, Arrange potato slices in rows that overlap slightly over the bottom of the casserole dish, making one layer.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour part of the heated cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle some of the parmesan cheese over the layer.
- Repeat the steps for 2 additional layers.
- In preheated oven, bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Turn oven to Broil. Broil for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese has browned.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake