Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Peppers and Onions Recipe
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Peppers and Onions. This classic sandwich is hearty and delicious.
It’s made with deli beef, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and provolone cheese, and served on a sub roll. This is a great lunch or dinner option that the whole family will love.
It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Plus, there are tons of variations on the Philly cheesesteak, so you can customize your sandwich to your taste preferences.
What is a Philly Cheesesteak
A Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is a type of hot sandwich that uses thinly sliced steak, onions, and cheese.. The traditional choice for this cut is top round, but you can also use sirloin or flank steak.
The sandwich usually contains fried onions, but it can also have grilled onions. Cheese choices range from traditional white American cheese to provolone, mozzarella, or Cheez Whiz.
Adding bell peppers and mushrooms makes a Philly Cheesesteak even more delicious!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
Southern Fried Green Tomatoes
A tangy appetizer or side dish recipe made with unripe tomatoes, flour, Italian seasoning, black pepper, cayenne pepper, eggs, and milk.
Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes
A super easy side dish recipe that only calls for 5 ingredients. It’s quick and easy, and you will have it on the table in just 35 minutes.
Homemade Dark Chocolate
An easy, decadent dessert with only 4 ingredients.
Easiest Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
This gluten free cookie is quick and easy, ready in 27 minutes.
One Pan Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is the easiest chocolate cake ever invented!
Blueberry Almond Cookies
An easy 35 minute recipe.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipe
- Preheat a griddle to medium/high heat.
- Add olive oil and spread to cover hot griddle.
- On the griddle, add bell pepper and onion. Stir and cook until the onions caramelize. Approximately 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook approximately 30 – 40 seconds. Move to one side of griddle to keep warm.
- In the center of the griddle, add beef. Cook stirring, flipping, and breaking into pieces until no longer pink. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Move the onion mixture into the beef and stir to combine.
- Separate the mixture into 2 equal sized portions.
- Place cheese on each portion.
- Cut out some of the center of the sub roll to make more room for the beef mix.
- When is has melted place the sub roll inside down on top of the beef mix.
- Using 2 spatulas, flip the sandwich over, and close.
- Serve immediately.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake