Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes Recipe a delectable, easy-to-make side dish that’s perfect for vegetarians and the whole family.
This recipe combines the creamy goodness of mashed potatoes with a tantalizing golden-brown Parmesan crust, creating a burst of flavor in every bite.
With its simple preparation and wholesome ingredients, these potatoes are an ideal addition to any meal.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply looking for a comforting family dinner, these potatoes deliver on taste and convenience.
The fluffy mashed potatoes are enriched with melted mozzarella and savory Parmesan, lending a delightful cheesiness to the dish.
The crispy Parmesan topping adds a satisfying crunch, elevating the overall texture and creating a visually appealing presentation.
Not only is this side dish a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also incredibly versatile. Pair it with roasted vegetables, grilled meats, or even enjoy it as a standalone comfort food. The combination of flavors and textures will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Cheesy Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Easy Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Yes, you can prepare the mashed potatoes in advance and refrigerate them. Just add the Parmesan topping right before baking.
While mozzarella and Parmesan work wonderfully, you can experiment with other cheese varieties like cheddar or Gruyere for a unique twist.
It’s not recommended to freeze the dish as the texture of the mashed potatoes may change upon thawing.
Absolutely! Feel free to use sweet potatoes instead for a delightful sweet and savory combination.
Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 lbs russet potatoes peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Boil the potatoes in a big pot of salted water until they become very soft. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and put them back in the pot.
- Mash the potatoes until they become smooth.
- Add milk and melted butter to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to the greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake the dish without covering it until the topping turns golden brown. It usually takes about 20 minutes.
You May also Like:
- Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Broiled Banana Splits (Quick and Delicious Dessert)
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip